This is a follow on from this fantastic piece: http://rationalmale.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/kill-the-beta-2/
A beta is often exists because of a lack of masculinity and confident behaviours. This usually comes from a lack of strong male role-models growing up alongside the adoption of weak male behaviours being portrayed through film and television.
Being less of a beta means people will respect you more because you do not pander to them. You operate out of how you want to live and care much less about how other people will judge you.
Here are the top 5:
1. Lift Weights - Studies show that doing heavy weights at the gym leads to an increase in Basal Testosterone Levels. Every time you step out of that gym you feeling fucking amazing. Do squats, deadlifts, bench-presses, chins and overhead (military) presses. Read Starting Strength.
2. Spin Plates - Confidence and strong mindsets come from having options. Especially with women. Having a large number of girls to hang out with, text and sleep with makes you much less concerned about the outcome of one particular girl. http://rationalmale.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/plate-theory-2/
3. Adopt Stoicism - The Stoics taught that destructive emotions resulted from errors in judgment. You must develop self-control over your emotions and weak behaviours. The reading list in this article is awesome: http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2009/04/13/stoicism-101-a-practical-guide-for-entrepreneurs/
4. Find Purpose – A man who is sure of where he is going in life and knows what he is doing with his time is very attractive. Being dedicated to your passions and not letting anything get in the way will make you a stronger man.
5. Apologize Less – I’ve had guys apologize to me when I bumped into them. Don’t be that guy. Replace it with ‘my bad’ or ‘oops’. When you really fuck up, apologize sincerely and it will mean a lot more.